View the Bradford Forster Academy prospectus here
Year 7 Intake September 2019
Year 7 Intake September 2019
The application process for admissions opens each year in September and closes on the 31st October with National Offer day on the 1st March. Applications can be made online with Bradford Education or paper copies are available on request directly from Bradford Education.
Anyone wishing to appeal their school place must return the appeal form to Bradford Education by 29th March 2019 with appeals heard between May and July.
All children with a statement of special educational needs or Educational Health & Care Plan that names Bradford Forster Academy will be admitted, if places are available.
Click to see:
Year 6 Parents Evening
Year 6 Open Evening – Wednesday 19th September 2018, 3.30 – 5.30pm
We would like to invite you and your child to our Year 5 Open Evening at Bradford Forster Academy on Wednesday 19th September, 3:30pm – 5:30pm.
We realise that this is a very important stage in your child’s academic career and want to ensure that transition to secondary school is made as smooth as possible. To aid this we would like to start talking to parents and students of our 2019 intake as soon as possible.
This is a popular event and an excellent opportunity to meet teachers and students. There will be presentations, tours and activities held throughout the event where you will have the opportunity to view the school and our excellent facilities. Staff will be available to answer any questions you may have.
We look forward to meeting you and your child at the event.
Applications Supported by a Supplementary Form
A supplementary form can be used to support applications for those applying for a Christian faith academy place or the child of a member of staff.
- Applications must be supported by completion of the Supplementary Information Form and Minister’s Confidential Reference Form to show that the child and/or parent /carer attend church on average on two occasions or more each month for a period of two years prior to the closing date for applications.
- Children who have had a service of baptism, blessing or dedication within a Christian church. A copy of the child’s Baptism Certificate will be required (for definition of Christian see footnote 1)
- Children of a member of staff: I. where the member of staff has been employed at the academy for two or more years at the time at which the application for admission to the school is made, and/or II. the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
The supplementary form can be found at the back of the admissions policy
Please download the document below to transfer during the 2017-18 academic year
Click to see In Year Applications
Where can I get more help or advice?
Read the Guide for Parents about Admission Arrangements booklet, which you can download (follow the link below) or get from Bradford Council’s Education Services or any primary school:
- Bradford Forster Academy – Phone or email Claire Wright 01274 302400 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Local Authority School Admissions Team – Phone on 01274 439200 or email email@example.com
- Write to the School Admissions Team at Education Services, Margaret McMillan Tower, Princes Way, Bradford, BD1 1NN
- Appointments can be made to speak to an adviser at the School Admissions Team by calling 01274 439200
Admissions September 2018
We are delighted to welcome you and your child to Bradford Forster Academy. I am very pleased that you have chosen our Academy for your child’s education and am confident that by working together, we can ensure that they have a happy and successful time here.
By now all new starters should have brought to the academy office the following:
- Admissions Data Check Sheet
- School Visit Consent Form
- Locker agreement form
- Birth certificate
- £5 Locker Deposit
Once we have all your completed documents we will provide you with a school uniform voucher for the value of £26. All new starters are entitled to this and the voucher can be spent at Natasha’s schoolwear or Rawcliffes in Bradford town centre.
If you have any questions or require help completing the forms, please do not hesitate to contact the academy using the contact details at the bottom of this letter.
Transition Day and Welcome Evening
Transition Day and Welcome Evening will both be held on the 4th July 2018.
Transition Day is an event for students that will be joining us in September 2018. They will spend the full day with us to meet the teachers, find their way around the school building and have a school lunch. The day will begin at 8.45am and finish at 3.00pm. Full details of this day will be sent to you closer to the date.
Two Welcome Evening sessions will be held and structured so that parents and students are able to attend a talk by the Head of School, Mrs Wendy Adeniji. Sessions will be between 3.30 – 4.30pm and 5.30 - 6.30pm. You will have the opportunity to ask questions and join us for refreshments. Some of our existing students who will be happy to show you around the academy.