View the Bradford Forster Academy prospectus here
Year 7 Intake September 2018
The application process for admissions opens each year in September and closes on the 31st October with National Offer day on the 1st March. Applications can be made online with Bradford Education or paper copies are available on request directly from Bradford Education.
Families applying for a Year 7 place in September 2018 will have received their email or letter confirming their school allocation.
Anyone wishing to appeal their school place must return the appeal form to Bradford Education by 29th March 2018 with appeals heard between May and July.
Families joining Bradford Forster Academy will also have received a welcome letter informing of next steps and details of transition
Click to see:
Transition Day and Welcome Evening
Transition Day and Welcome Evening will both be held on the 4th July 2018.
Transition Day is an event for students that will be joining us in September 2018. They will spend the full day with us to meet the teachers, find their way around the school building and have a school lunch. The day will begin at 8.45am and finish at 3.00pm. Full details of this day will be sent to you closer to the date.
Two Welcome Evening sessions will be held and structured so that parents and students are able to attend a talk by the Head of School, Mrs Wendy Adeniji. Sessions will be between 3.30 – 4.30pm and 5.30 - 6.30pm. You will have the opportunity to ask questions and join us for refreshments. Some of our existing students who will be happy to show you around the academy.
Year 5 Parents Evening
Year 5 Open Evening – Thursday 24th May 2018, 3.30 – 5.30pm
We would like to invite you and your child to our Year 5 Open Evening at Bradford Forster Academy on Thursday 24th May 3:30pm – 5:30pm.
We realise that this is a very important stage in your child’s academic career and want to ensure that transition to secondary school is made as smooth as possible. To aid this we would like to start talking to parents and students of our 2019 intake as soon as possible.
This is a popular event and an excellent opportunity to meet teachers and students. There will be presentations, tours and activities held throughout the event where you will have the opportunity to view the school and our excellent facilities. Staff will be available to answer any questions you may have.
We look forward to meeting you and your child at the event.
Applications Supported by a Supplementary Form
A supplementary form can be used to support applications for those applying for a Christian faith academy place or the child of a member of staff.
- Applications must be supported by completion of the Supplementary Information Form and Minister’s Confidential Reference Form to show that the child and/or parent /carer attend church on average on two occasions or more each month for a period of two years prior to the closing date for applications.
- Children who have had a service of baptism, blessing or dedication within a Christian church. A copy of the child’s Baptism Certificate will be required (for definition of Christian see footnote 1)
- Children of a member of staff: I. where the member of staff has been employed at the academy for two or more years at the time at which the application for admission to the school is made, and/or II. the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
Please download the document below to transfer during the 2017-18 academic year
Click to see In Year Applications
Where can I get more help or advice?
Read the Guide for Parents about Admission Arrangements booklet, which you can download (follow the link below) or get from Bradford Council’s Education Services or any primary school:
- Bradford Forster Academy – Phone or email Claire Wright 01274 302400 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Local Authority School Admissions Team – Phone on 01274 439200 or email email@example.com
- Write to the School Admissions Team at Education Services, Margaret McMillan Tower, Princes Way, Bradford, BD1 1NN
- Appointments can be made to speak to an adviser at the School Admissions Team by calling 01274 439200